Saturday, February 27, 2010

The best pizza so far...

Last Saturday, Kim and I headed out to Baltimore for adventures with Noah, Adam P. and his girlfriend Katie (Adam...how many times can you say Za in a night???) and Conor. We went to Iggies, which was right down the street from Noah's place, and you know, this is the first place challenging my rule of no returns. The pizza was fantastic! And the atmosphere was great as well.

We had to wait quite a long time, but it was a self-service, shared table atmosphere, which I love. It reminded me of Europe, in many ways. We ordered two large pizzas--one margherita, and one pesto-based pizza (Alice), and one small pear and gorgonzola. The "Alice" pizza had pesto sauce, spinach, garlic, goat cheese, fresh tomatoes, and mozzarella. It was good, but as I've perhaps mentioned before...I really do tend to like tomato sauces better. I guess I'm a pizza conservative or something. The margherita was fantastic. The sauce was excellent, the toppings perfect, the proportions just right...the only tiny thing that wasn't perfect was the crust--it was good, very crispy, but i tend to like my crust to have just a teensy bit more chewy-ness to it. It was very good though.

Now...the pear and gorganzola. It also had a balsamic reduction. No sauce. BEST THING EVER. As Noah exclaimed "This is better than apple pie. FUCK APPLE PIE. Don Mclean should have written in that song "bye bye miss pear pizza." Perhaps this is funny to you. Perhaps, though, you needed to be there.


The rest of the evening was as fantastic as the pizza. A downside was that Adam, Katie, and Conor went home, but Kim, Noah, and I went out to Hampden and got some drinks...Noah managed to start a USA! cheer at the bar because he thought Apolo Ohno had won a gold medal. Kim and I had to explain that he'd only won his qualifying heat...and that he won bronze in the end. Noah was so let down. By the end of the night, he was telling Kim and I that we put the "cans" in cantos, and we decided it was time to head home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment