Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Homegrown

I ate a sample of something pizzaesque yesterday at Trader Joe's that was so good, I went home and made it for myself.

Trader Joe's sells frozen naan bread in both plain and garlic variates. They're really good and I almost always have it in my freezer--typical dinner for me is a piece of naan, greek yogurt with olive oil, and veggies. Anyhow, the sample was garlic naan topped with lemon pepper zucchini. I took this idea and ran with it when I got home.

First, I thinly sliced some zucchini that I bought last Thursday at the Riverdale farmer's market. Then, I tossed it with some olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Then, I halved a few heirloom cherry tomatoes that I also purchased at the farmers market. I took the zucchini and tomatoes and sauteed them for a few minutes on the stove top, till they juuust started to soften, while also preheating the oven to 425. Then, I arranged the veggies on a piece of frozen garlic naan and sprinkled some parmesan on top, and put it in the oven for 2 minutes. Viola, really, really tasty light persona-size pizzaesque thingbobbit.

It was way better than tonight's dinner. Tonight's dinner was a big romaine salad...and I guess I just didn't wash the romaine well enough, cos halfway through debo-ing it, I noticed a large quantity of neon green aphids chillin on the romaine, wondering what they were doing doused in vinegarette. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment