Saturday, January 30, 2010

Background Information: blog tags, and what counts as pizza?

First, to organize my reviews and thoughts, I'll be tagging my reviews with one of the following categories: frozen pizza, pizzeria, surprise pizza, bar or restaurant pizza, and pizza-esque. This satisfies that old goal of being more organized, too. You see what happens when you resolve to eat more pizza? All of your problems are solved.

Most of these tags are self-explanatory, but I'll explain them anyhow.

Frozen pizza will include any pizza I bring home from the supermarket. It will come with a sub tag to explain if the pizza was prepared in the oven or in the microwave.

The Pizzeria tag will indicate pizzas eaten at restaurants who's primary focus is preparing and serving pizzas. These places may have other options on the menu, but nobody ever goes there for these items.

Surprise Pizza refers to pizza found in places or situations where I didn't expect to eat pizza. For example, I ate pizza at Ikea recently. You just never know where it might turn up.

Bar or Restaurant Pizza refers to pizzas eaten in dining and drinking establishments who's primary focus is not preparing and serving pizzas, but they have pizza on their menu.

Finally, Pizza-esque refers to pizza-like foods that I may elect to eat and review as well. Pizza rolls, flammkuchen, pizza bagels, etc, fall into this category. If you point out something from another food culture that is reminiscent of pizza, I'll eat it (uh, the vegetarian clause, of course, applies. Sorry lahmacun) .


I will also try to categorize the pizzas based on their style (most of which appear to be named after regions...) : new york, sicilian, new haven, chicago, detroit, deep dish, thin crust, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment